Introduction to No Deposit Bonuses in New Zealand
No deposit bonuses are a type of casino promotion that provides players with free cash or spins to use without having to make a deposit first. These bonuses allow you to explore and try out games at an online casino without risking your own money.
When you claim a no deposit bonus, the casino will credit your account with a certain dollar amount (usually $10-$20) or a number of free spins (typically 10-50). You can then use this bonus money or spins to play real money games, and if you win, you may be able to withdraw your winnings subject to meeting certain wagering requirements.
The main appeal of no deposit bonuses is that they come with no financial risk to the player. You don't have to deposit any of your own funds to claim and use them. This makes them an ideal way to test out new casinos or games for free.
Why Casinos Offer No Deposit Bonuses
Casinos offer no deposit bonuses for a few key reasons:
- To attract new players - No deposit bonuses give players an incentive to sign up and check out the casino's games without risk.
- To get players to try new games - Casinos may offer no deposit bonuses when they launch new slots or table games. This encourages players to try them out.
- Low risk for casino - Since the bonus amounts are small, casinos don't risk losing much. The requirements to withdraw winnings also reduce risk.
- Allows players to learn casino - Players can get a feel for the site and test customer service without depositing.
Pros and Cons of No Deposit Bonuses
The main pros of no deposit bonuses are:
- No financial risk to player
- Lets players try new games for free
- Gives player a chance to test the casino
The cons are:
- Bonus amounts tend to be small
- Tough withdrawal restrictions
- May only apply to certain games
Types of No Deposit Bonuses in New Zealand
$10 No Deposit Bonus
The $10 no deposit bonus is one of the most common types of these promotions. As the name suggests, it credits new players with a small $10 bonus to use without depositing any of their own funds. This provides a risk-free way to try out real money games. While $10 may not seem like much, it's enough to get a feel for the casino and potentially win some extra cash if you're lucky. Just make sure to check for any max cashout limits.
No Deposit Bonus Money
Some no deposit bonuses come in the form of free spins of a certain monetary value, such as $10 - For example, a casino may offer $15 or $25 in no deposit free spins funds. These free spins usually must be used on any certain game, such as Moon Princess. The amount may be small, but it lets you try out casino games that be new to you, for free. When choosing no deposit bonus money, look at the range of qualifying games and make sure the casino is reputable.
No Deposit Free Spins
Free spins that require no deposit are another very common no deposit bonus. Here the casino gives you a set number of spins to use on selected slot games, usually between 10 free spins, and as much as 100 free spins. The spins let you play real money slots for free and win real cash prizes if you strike it lucky. No deposit free spins are great for trying out new slots or casinos risk-free. Just be aware of which slots you can use the spins on before claiming them.
New No Deposit Bonus
Newly launched online casinos often offer flashy no deposit bonuses to attract sign ups. These new no deposit bonus offers give you bonus cash or spins just for registering a new account. Since the casinos are seeking to build their player base, their bonuses may be more generous than average. It's always worth keeping an eye out for bonuses from new casinos. Just make sure they have proper licensing and security.
No Deposit Sign Up Bonus
The no deposit sign up bonus is a type of welcome bonus given to players simply for registering a new account, without requiring a deposit. These come in a few different forms:
- A small free chip bonus - for example: a €5 free chip
- A number of free spins to use on slots
- Free play or practice play mode credits
No deposit sign up bonuses give you a risk-free way to check out a casino as a brand new player. Some key things to look out for with these bonuses include:
- Which games you can use the bonus on
- The max cashout limit
- How long the bonus is valid for
No Deposit No Wager Bonus
One of the best types of no deposit bonuses is the no deposit no wager bonus. This gives you bonus funds or spins to use without needing to:
- Make a deposit
- Meet any wagering requirements
Because there are no wagering rules, any winnings you accumulate from the bonus are real cash that can be withdrawn instantly. These types of bonuses are extremely rare. Casinos sometimes offer small no wager bonuses around $5 to $10 to attract new sign ups.
Mobile Casino No Deposit Bonus
Many online casinos now have mobile apps or mobile-optimized sites. Some offer exclusive no deposit bonuses to players using their mobile platforms. These mobile-only bonuses include:
- A small free chip bonus
- Additional free spins
- Free play credits
Mobile casino no deposit bonuses give you a nice risk-free way to try out games on your smartphone or tablet. They are a good incentive to download and install a casino's mobile app.
Refer a Friend Bonus
Refer a friend bonuses reward you for getting friends to sign up at the casino. Your friend needs to make a real money deposit, but you get a no deposit bonus just for referring them. For example:
- $10 free chip for every friend who deposits
- 5 free spins for each friend who joins
- Free gifts and vouchers (amazon) referrals
The best refer bonuses have no wagering and let you withdraw your winnings instantly (very rare). They encourage players to share casinos they enjoy.
Game Specific Bonuses
Some online casinos offer no deposit bonuses tailored to specific games like slots - popular games include Gonzo's Quest, Book of Dead, and Starburst.
Game Provider Bonuses
Another type of no deposit bonus focuses on games from specific providers like NetEnt, Microgaming, Betsoft, and others. These provider-based bonuses give you free cash or spins to enjoy top slots and table games from leading software companies.
For instance, a NetEnt no deposit bonus may offer free spins on popular NetEnt slots like Starburst or Gonzo's Quest. A Microgaming no deposit bonus could give bonus money for titles like Wild Scarabs. Provider bonuses let you test out new slots and games powered by your favorite providers risk-free. Make sure to check which specific titles you can play with the no deposit funds or spins before signing up.
How to Claim No Deposit Bonuses in NZ
Claiming a no deposit bonus is usually a quick and simple process. Here are the basic steps:
- First, find a suitable no deposit bonus to claim. Use bonus finder sites to identify the best offers with favorable terms from reputable, licensed casinos. Make sure the casino accepts players from your region.
- Next, register an account with the casino. The registration process only requires entering some basic personal details like name, email, and date of birth to verify your identity.
- Once your account is registered, locate the no deposit bonus in the promotions section. Click to claim it. Some bonuses may require you to enter a bonus code at this stage.
- After claiming the bonus, accept the terms and conditions if prompted. This confirms you agree to the bonus rules.
- The casino will now credit your account with the no deposit bonus funds or spins. Visit the cashier or bonuses page to see it reflected in your balance.
- Now you are ready to use your no deposit bonus to play real money games risk-free! Be sure to make note of important details like wagering requirements, expiration date, eligible games, and max cashout limit.
- Stick to the bonus terms, and you can withdraw any winnings from the bonus after meeting wagering requirements. Enjoy exploring the casino's games with your no deposit funds!